Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tango


Did you know that you can dance Tango every night of the week in Munich? I tried it last night and once I get back to NY I will be torturing Shawn to actually learn how to do this together. Last night I was with a very nice guy that I did not know before which made the whole experience a bit awkward.

The main thing for the girl is to let the guy lead her. Which could have a therapeutical effect on many emancipated women that emancipated ways to fast and are lost between "the guy should open the door for me" and "why should I wait for a guy to approach me". And most of the girls I know are somewhere in-between - may be except my old fashioned Russian mom. Yea - and I am probably the one in most acute need for such therapy.... :-)

The tango scene was much younger than I imagined, the venue "Praterinsel" was beautiful and the live orchestra "Cuarteto Silencio" made up for the initial uncomfortableness. There was one couple that danced outside in the rain with an umbrella - very romantic....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so ur the unofficial tango expert now in the group. well u could teach us some moves when u come back to NYC. ;-)
- Aman

3:24 PM  
Blogger Fjosabrura said...

This sounds like fun! Count me in :o)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home