Tuesday, July 25, 2006

How is Wolfgangsee like Des Moines

When I came to New York two years ago, I did not know many people and felt a bit out of place even though I really wanted to be there no matter what. Three weeks after arrival I practically ran away to see a friend of mine in Des Moines in Iowa. The only thing I wanted is to be around someone who cares about me and makes me feel better about myself.

As announced three weeks ago, I have returned to Munich. The circumstances are a bit sad. Mom is really sick. Shawn is very far. New York is very far. I do have some friends from before but I still feel really out of place. This is why last weekend I ran away to see a familiar face in Wolfgangsee in Austria. We spent some time together, and magically, I felt better. Frankly, if she had time to see me in Timbuktu, at this point I would have done it.

So, those two places are the same for me. Both places in the middle of nowhere with a friendly face whom takes a couple of days to make me feel good :)

P.S. Can anyone guess who those two people are that I visited?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all love Verena!!!! ;-)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home