Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thank you, Borat!

I am from Kazakhstan. I love Borat. Because now when I meet people they all have heard of Kazakhstan. Before.... not so much. Even some of my friends could not keep the "stans" apart. Who cares if Borat misrepresents Kazakhstan. Movies are not supposed to show the real picture, they are supposed to entertain!

But I do have to say that I was extremely surprised of this movie's success in the theaters. This sign hung in Munich, shortly after the movie was released. People were lining up to see it. I am so proud of my country :)

High five!!!

From my limited US exposure I have to admit that some situations and speeches by Americans were just "on the money"... Anyways, did anyone get the joke about the National Anthem in Kazakhstani version after all these debates with Latin version of the U.S. National Anthem...???
(click here if you dont remember)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jula Walker said...

not sure if you remember that we have been married for seven years now. we forgot this expression as soon as we walked out the movie theater :-)

10:33 AM  
Blogger fima said...

It was not that popular in Canada as in US for example. So, they still don't very much know of Kazakhstan. I agree with you but I personally feel cordial dislike about the guy. I hate him.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Jula Walker said...

The way I see is that before people did not realize that Kazakhstan existed, now they know that it does and even where it is... Thats a huge progress in my eyes.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home