Saturday, July 23, 2005

Noooooo Gekko Greedy here

Recently I have been accused of being greedy and compared to Gekko Gordon. Because I want to be in private equity and because I want to make lots of money. The concept of private equity has been discussed broadly in Germany lately at ALL levels. One politician decided to score some points in a long lost election campaign and called private equity people "locusts" (German="Heuschrecken"). They are responsible for the high unemployment rate in Germany - 10%(compared to 5% in the US) because the come and destroy companies by firing people (also called "streamlining" in business schools). They do all this because they are all GREEDY.
Supposedly, I am greedy because I want to work for them. Hmmm... Well frankly, may be its true. But at least I don't want to be compared to Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas in "Wall Sreet") - much rather to Thomas Crown(Pierce Brosnan in "Thomas Crown Affair"). Both movies are about reckless and filthy rich business men in some sort of M&A business. Well in Michael Douglas case its cruel and in Pierce Brosnan case its just cool and dandy. Its all about the attitude, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jula Walker said...

yeaaa... my parties will be legendary. everyone who believes in me is invited :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home